Birding some of the lakefront in Milwaukee this morning a stop at the Lake Express was well worth it. A Lark Bunting, male had just been seen by Jym M. but was not currently being seen. What a great bird and find! I thought I would hang around to see if it returned and after about 30 minutes I decided to check out other places along the lake. After checking some beaches I returned to the Lake Express and once again, I had just missed the Lark Bunting. This time I was going to stick around for a while. A short time had passed and I spotted the bunting in a nearby small tree. It moved around some and gave nice views for just a couple of minutes and then was out of sight. It also fed with some House Sparrows on the lawn near the building area in the shade. A Wisconsin life bird for me, #367. I will say, it has been a great year so far for state life birds, I hope this continues. It was a sunny day, with a cool breeze and temps around 50 degrees. Images were taken on May 23, 2022.
Follow my adventures!
- Kurt on Rudy-throated Hummingbird in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on June 5, 2023
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck