One of my birding stops today was the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center. It was a quiet day there birding like most places this time of year. The highlight was a flock of Wild Turkeys back in the woods near a ravine. I stopped on the opposite side of the ravine not to disturb them for a few shots. A flock of 6 and one of them remained perched in a tree while I was present. One displayed the whole time I was there too. A couple wandered around feeding, a couple just rested around the area they were in. It was nice to see them just doing what they do. It was a gloomy day, temps around 30, low winds out there, not bad for the end of November. Images were taken on November 30, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Wisconsin Bird Quiz #1 ~ On Bird Habitat, Food, Description, misc on April 18, 2019 on
- Bonaparte’s Gulls at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee Wisconsin on April 15, 2019 on
- Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers at Lake Park in Milwaukee Wisconsin on April 12, 2019 on
- Eastern Towhee at the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on April 12, 2019 on
- Sparrow ID Quiz ~ test your yourself on these beautiful birds here in Wisconsin! on
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Anna's Hummingbird Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco Dickcissel dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Killdeer lesser yellowlegs Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck pectoral sandpiper Piping Plover Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Shorebirds snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck