I made a run up to the Horicon Marsh this morning to see what was going on. I guess the highlight was a Snowy Owl on a pole. Other species present were a couple of Rough-legged Hawks, 5 Red-tailed Hawks, 5 American Kestrels. No Northern Goshawk today. I watched this Snowy Owl for awhile on the pole as it looked and listen. It gave nice views but never left the pole when I was present. Even though a little sun was in the forecast, it never came out. With mild temps, just another gloomy January day near the Horicon Marsh. Images were taken on January 27, 2015
Follow my adventures!
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck
Thanks for sharing Jim. They have quite the character.
“just another gloomy January day”?? I think not – especially judging by your images, Jim. Looks like more fun than I was having!! Thanks for sharing your images and eye.