Birding the beach at Lakeshore State Park just after sunrise gave nice views of a Black-bellied Plover. I would call this a juvenile bird. It fed back and forth along the beach area finding things to eat. It was the highlight of the day there. It was a beautiful morning, quite chilly to start, with plenty of sun and light winds. Images were taken on September 27, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Royal Catchfly on
- Red-breasted Mergansers at Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee Wisconsin on March 24, 2019 on
- European Goldfinches in Kenosha County Wisconsin on February 9, 2016 on
- Albino American Crow in Waukesha County Wisconsin on July 15, 2018 on
- Warbler ID Quiz ~ test your yourself before these beautiful birds arrive here in Wisconsin this spring! on
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Anna's Hummingbird Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bonaparte Gull common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco Dickcissel dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Killdeer lesser yellowlegs Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck pectoral sandpiper Piping Plover Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers