The Chukar, a Eurasian species introduced here in the US is considered a released game bird here in Wisconsin. I found this adult feeding along a roadside in Racine County this morning eating seeds. It put on a nice show eating seeds as I watched it at a distance. I am posting this as some birders have never seen one so it is for educational purposes I would say. It was a gorgeous fall like morning with sunny skies, temps around 60 and very little wind. Images were taken on September 26, 2019.
Follow my adventures!
- Sandy Petersen on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
- A BURISH on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Kathi Johnson Rock on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Lynne on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck