A stop at Greenfield Park this morning produced a stunning show of a Cooper’s Hawk bathing. It bathed in a grass flooded area at the park for a good 5 minutes. The Cooper’s Hawk did not seem to mind me being there. It was a gorgeous morning with temps in the upper 40’s, full sun, low winds. Images were taken on October 22, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Sandy Petersen on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
- A BURISH on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Kathi Johnson Rock on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Lynne on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck