Checking out the bird feeder at Grant Park in Milwaukee today there was 1 Evening Grosbeak, a nice looking female. There have been some reported at this location so it was not a big surprise. But it is a nice surprise to have them in our area at this time. Hope we see more winter birds from the north soon. It was a cloudy day early on, cold with the wind and temps around 34 degrees. Images were taken on December 1, 2020.
Follow my adventures!
- Sandy Petersen on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
- A BURISH on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Kathi Johnson Rock on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Lynne on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck