A pair of Great Crested Flycatchers have been seen in the yard over the last few days. They are currently working on nest building in a Screech Owl house I put up last fall. I have photographed them with nest building materials in their bills and going into the house. A House Wren is occupying a house 10′ from the Screech Owl house. I hope the excitement continues that they raise some young here in the yard. At this time there are Indigo Buntings, House Wrens, Eastern Bluebirds (2nd time this year), and Chipping Sparrows nesting here and most likely Gray Catbirds, Northern Cardinals and Ruby-throated Hummingbirds. Images were taken on June 8, 2019.
Follow my adventures!
- Sandy Petersen on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
- A BURISH on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Kathi Johnson Rock on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Lynne on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck