A stop at Lakeshore State Park this morning provided a couple of nice views of some Greater Scaup. For the most part everything is frozen but there are a couple of spots still with open water. These ducks were diving for mussels on occasion for something to eat. It was a very cold morning with temps around 10F when I left for birding this morning, the sun at times made it feel pretty nice out there. Images were taken on January 14, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Royal Catchfly on
- Red-breasted Mergansers at Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee Wisconsin on March 24, 2019 on
- European Goldfinches in Kenosha County Wisconsin on February 9, 2016 on
- Albino American Crow in Waukesha County Wisconsin on July 15, 2018 on
- Warbler ID Quiz ~ test your yourself before these beautiful birds arrive here in Wisconsin this spring! on
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Anna's Hummingbird Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bonaparte Gull common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco Dickcissel dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Killdeer lesser yellowlegs Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck pectoral sandpiper Piping Plover Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers