This morning one of my birding stops was Veteran’s Park in Milwaukee. There were Sora’s present yesterday with the Nelson’s Sharp-tailed Sparrows and today the Sora’s were still there, 4 of them. There was one that I took a few photos of that was getting things to eat, worms it appeared. Nice to see these birds out in the open for a change. Other places I stopped at birding along the lake were quiet. Beautiful morning out with mild temps, very little wind, some sunshine too. Images were taken on September 24, 2020.
Follow my adventures!
- Cindy on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Lynne on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Gerald Haiar on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Mary Jo Selinsky on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Karen Weiss on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck