I made a stop at Whitnall Park mid-morning to see what the action was like. It was another day of just a couple of warblers 1’s on 2’s of a few nice species. Species hanging around were a Wilson’s Warbler, a Canada Warbler for a few minutes, and a Black-throated Blue Warbler was still around. Also brief views of a Blackburnian Warbler, Yellow Warbler, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Bay-breasted Warbler, Black and White Warbler, American Redstart, Nashville Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Common Yellowthroat and Northern Waterthrush. A fun morning out with a nice group of birders on a morning of some clouds and sun with warm temps. Images were taken on May 8, 2015.
Follow my adventures!
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck
Wonderful images Jim! Looks like you had some wonderful warblers today! Was so good to meet you yesterday! Have a wonderful weekend chasing those warblers!
Thanks for sharing, Jim. Beautiful photos!