I had to make a run up to Marquette County and did some general birding. I found a place where birds were coming and going at a water source and took a few images to share. Flocks of birds were coming through. A large flock of Sandhill Cranes circling above along with some gliding Turkeys Vultures hanging in the area. A large flock of Bluebirds hung around for a few minutes but none stopped for a drink. Some exciting action! Images were taken on October 6, 2015.
Follow my adventures!
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck
Great pic. Especially liked the Blue Jay Tail
Nice variety of birds. Every time in the last week I’ve thought I had some warblers, they would turn out to be Goldfinches. Lol. I love the Blue Jay’s tail.
3rd photo of the field sparrow is outstanding, Jim! And, yes, I loved the blue jay tail, also.
Beautiful photos, Jim. Thanks for brightening my day!