A stop at Lakeshore State Park this morning provided a couple of nice views of some Greater Scaup. For the most part everything is frozen but there are a couple of spots still with open water. These ducks were diving for mussels on occasion for something to eat. It was a very cold morning with temps around 10F when I left for birding this morning, the sun at times made it feel pretty nice out there. Images were taken on January 14, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Kurt on Rudy-throated Hummingbird in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on June 5, 2023
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck