I stopped at the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center in Milwaukee County this morning for some mid-summer birding. Birding was about what is expected for this time of year, sorta slow, but the native wildflowers on the grounds there were stunning. I walked some of the prairie and woodland edge trail and path areas there and there is a lot going on as far as species blooming. Prairie grasses are just about to start blooming. Very few mosquitoes which surprised me. It was a nice morning with temps starting around 65, full sun but a few clouds rolled in soon, a little bit of a breeze. Images were taken on July 23, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Kurt on Rudy-throated Hummingbird in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on June 5, 2023
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck