While out birding this morning along the lakefront in Milwaukee I received a tip of Great Horned Owl with 3 owlets. Birding was a little slow along the lakefront where I was with nothing really going on so I made the drive to check these cuties out. When I arrived there were 3 owlets in a row on one limb. The adult female stopped in a couple times to check on the little ones but did not hang around. I’m not sure how old these owlets are but I’m sure they will be flying some soon and spreading out in the tree some too. It was a nice opportunity to see the first owlets of the spring. It was a bright sunny day with little wind but chilly at first. Images were taken on April 27, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Royal Catchfly on
- Red-breasted Mergansers at Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee Wisconsin on March 24, 2019 on
- European Goldfinches in Kenosha County Wisconsin on February 9, 2016 on
- Albino American Crow in Waukesha County Wisconsin on July 15, 2018 on
- Warbler ID Quiz ~ test your yourself before these beautiful birds arrive here in Wisconsin this spring! on
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Anna's Hummingbird Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bonaparte Gull common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco Dickcissel dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Killdeer lesser yellowlegs Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck pectoral sandpiper Piping Plover Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers