As I thought my birding day was winding down I got a message from Jacob C. that a Spotted Towhee, a hatch year bird was found by an unidentified birder at Greenfield Park. I made the quick run over and the bird was present near the small waterfall. We both got nice views but for the most part the bird perched in trees. It was almost dark out but I managed a couple of quick photos while it fed on the ground as I was leaving. A cloudy day with temps around 30, not bad for the start of the new year. Images were taken on January 8, 2021
Follow my adventures!
- Cindy on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Lynne on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Gerald Haiar on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Mary Jo Selinsky on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Karen Weiss on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck