One place I have never birded was the County Grounds Park in Wauwatosa Wisconsin. This morning I met up with Bruce there as he frequents this place often and we did some birding around the park. Some of the birds we saw were Dickcissels, Eastern Meadowlarks, and very many Savannah Sparrows. On the many acres of gentle hilly terrain, there are some nice foot trails there. Amazingly on some of that property you would think you were out in the middle of nowhere, not in the middle of a city. It appeared the Savannahs were nesting everywhere. Images were taken on June 20, 2017
Follow my adventures!
- Cindy on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Lynne on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Gerald Haiar on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
- Mary Jo Selinsky on Sandhill Cranes painting themselves at Delafield in Waukesha County Wisconsin on March 5, 2023
- Karen Weiss on Killdeer on the Milwaukee lakefront in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 8, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck