My first birding stop of the day was at the Fox River in Waukesha and it provided nice looks at a Common Loon. While I was there the loon did some fishing for food, had a Bullhead for a snack, resting, and just some floating around doing nothing. It was a nice surprise to see the loon at the river as the river has been quiet for the last couple of weeks. It was mostly cloudy with a few breaks of sun, cold temps around 38 degrees and a strong wind coming down the river out of the north. It really felt like January. Images were taken on April 15, 2021.
Follow my adventures!
- Kurt on Rudy-throated Hummingbird in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on June 5, 2023
- Laura on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- KAREN JOHNSON on Dunlins at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 29, 2023
- Clifford Price on Scarlet Tanager at the Fox River Sanctuary in Waukesha Wisconsin on May 13, 2023
- Clifford Price on Ruddy Turnstones at McKinley Beach in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on May 25, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck