One of my birding stops today was the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center in Milwaukee County. The highlight was watching a juvenile Green Heron fishing for something to eat. The Green Heron was perched on some downed branches in water near Mystery Lake. A Golden Shiner minnow came swimming by the Green Heron, the heron grabbed it and that was it for the Golden Shiner. A couple flips of the small fish in the herons mouth and it was gone. Some of the other birds to note, Belted Kingfisher, Coopers Hawk, Northern Flickers, Brown Creeper, warblers~ Common Yellowthroats, Palms, Blackpoll and a Nashville. Overall kind of quiet. It was a gloomy day with some brightness at times, temps were about 65 degrees, a nice breeze from the east. Images were taken on September 19, 2018.
Follow my adventures!
- Ruby-throated Hummingbird on Royal Catchfly on
- Red-breasted Mergansers at Lakeshore State Park in Milwaukee Wisconsin on March 24, 2019 on
- European Goldfinches in Kenosha County Wisconsin on February 9, 2016 on
- Albino American Crow in Waukesha County Wisconsin on July 15, 2018 on
- Warbler ID Quiz ~ test your yourself before these beautiful birds arrive here in Wisconsin this spring! on
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Anna's Hummingbird Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bonaparte Gull common goldeneye common loon Coyote dark-eyed junco Dickcissel dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Killdeer lesser yellowlegs Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck pectoral sandpiper Piping Plover Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox ruby-throated hummingbird Ruddy Turnstone rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers