The report of the Allen’s Hummingbird had me very excited, and a 1st state record for Wisconsin too. The normal range for this hummingbird is the coast of California, SE Arizona and Mexico. It is so far out of it’s range! I hope it survives in the days ahead and finds it’s way home. The homeowner Mista, saw the hummingbird out side one day before Thanksgiving and put a feeder out. It has been there since, going on a month. After that, Mista wanted the word out that anyone that wants to see this bird is welcome and a big thank you goes out to her. Upon arriving at her home, and going to the feeder area, the bird was present drinking. I hung around for a couple of drinking sessions and left. The bird pretty much sat at the feeder while it showed, photos were hard to get. An exciting day, Wisconsin life bird #358. A chilly morning at 19 but winds were calm, mostly cloudy. Image was taken on December 18, 2020.
Follow my adventures!
- Sandy Petersen on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
- A BURISH on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Karen Johnson on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Kathi Johnson Rock on Eastern Screech Owl, Gray Morph in Milwaukee County Wisconsin on March 27, 2023
- Lynne on Great Blue Herons at a rookery in southeast Wisconsin on March 24, 2023
Tagsamerican avocet american white pelican Barred Owl Black-bellied Plover black-capped chickadee black-crowned night heron Bobolink common goldeneye common loon Coyote dunlin Eastern Screech Owl Glaucous Gull great black-backed gull Great Blue Heron great egret greater scaup Great Horned Owl Great Horned Owl Owlets Green Heron Hooded Merganser Horned Grebe Horned Lark Killdeer Long-eared Owl Long-tailed Duck Mute Swan Prothonotary Warbler red-breasted merganser red-headed woodpecker Red-headed Woodpeckers Red-tailed Hawk Red Fox Redhead ruby-throated hummingbird rufous hummingbird Sanderling Sandhill Crane Snow Bunting snowy owl Warblers white-winged scoter wildflowers Wisconsin Native Wildflowers Wood Duck